Rutland's Community Market runs every Sunday morning from 8:00am to 1:00pm and spans multiple blocks in the downtown core.
Since its inception, the Rutland Community Market was located at the Rutland Centennial Hall, with vendors both inside and out (weather permitting of course). The Market has grown and changed by leaps and bounds since its creation and in 2015, the Market expanded and relocated the Outside Market to Roxby Square.
The Outside Market, which runs from April to October, has seen a steady increase in popularity, and the Rutland Park Society is looking to make it the destination to showcase local arts, crafts, and agriculture.
Both inside and out, the Rutland Community market is dedicated to the following ideals:
- To encourage and develop an awareness of the importance of local agriculture, art and craft.
- To encourage education about the environment, healthy living and organic farming.
- To provide a direct sales outlet in the neighbourhood for locally produced goods including: handcrafted items, art, produce and home prepared foods along with a wide assortment of and jewellery, collectables, antiques and furniture.
- To provide an atmosphere that encourages community interaction and participation of the neighbourhood.
- To increase awareness of the benefits of neighbourhood markets and shopping local.
The markets have become, without a doubt, one of the biggest attractions in Uptown Rutland. We are blessed to have the perfect venue, and such appreciative partners in the Rutland merchants and businesses.